https://www.brendathompson.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/52.png 343 546 Brenda Thompson http://www.brendathompson.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/brenda-thompson-communications-logo21.png Brenda Thompson2015-07-16 15:38:282015-08-07 01:45:06BTC now accepting fall intern applications
BTC now accepting fall intern applications
We’re hiring a PR intern for the fall!
Here’s the 411:
- Approximately 10-15 hours per week
- Prefer junior/senior public relations major who has had at least one other internship and/or office experience; however, will consider freshman/sophomore public relations majors with no prior internship experience
- Location: Mueller/Hyde Park
- Duration is through the end of fall semester; however, strong preference given to candidates who are available for spring semester as well
- Prefer someone who can be available on a set weekly schedule
- Some work can be done from home via email correspondence
- Casual dress is fine 99 percent of the time
- Must love dogs
- Pay will be determined based on experience and on projects completed, and will be discussed during the initial interview
- We obtain criminal background checks on finalists for this position
Skills and attributes required for this position:
- Demonstrated excellence in writing, grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Knowledge of how the media works
- Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, and other common software programs
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Resourceful and flexible
- Intellectual curiosity
- Demonstrated responsibility and ability to meet deadlines
- Apple computer knowledge helpful
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Examples of duties:
- Writing and distributing news releases
- Submitting information to online news calendars
- Updating office databases including contacts, editorial calendars, rate cards, etc.
- Monitoring client media coverage
- Assisting with social media content creation for clients
- Internet and other research
- Developing organizational processes, filing, and record-keeping
- Creating and maintaining media lists
- Drafting client reports
- Occasional errands
Think you’ve got what it takes? Send a resume, cover letter, and one relevant writing sample to email@example.com. The application deadline is Aug. 1, 2015.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!