HomeAway® recently launched a new travel website of pet-friendly vacation homes, cabins, and condos. To celebrate, the company will donate $100 to Emancipet for every vacation home booked now through Dec. 31 on hmwy.co/pet-travel to help subsidize veterinary care for pets in need.
Check out Liz Parker of Emancipet’s interview on FOX-7’s Good Day Austin at http://www.fox7austin.com/good-day/travel-tuesday-traveling-with-your-pet, and scroll down to learn more about the partnership and see some adorable photos.
HomeAway’s new site highlights the 350,000 whole homes those pet lovers can rent for their next vacation, and the company has also announced a new partnership with Emancipet, the nonprofit on a mission to make veterinary care affordable and accessible to all pet owners.
“We see every day how much pets are part of people’s families,” said Amy Mills, Emancipet’s chief executive officer. “It makes sense people want to travel with their whole family and finding the right place to stay is a lot easier if you rent a HomeAway.”
To make sure dogs travel safely, Emancipet and HomeAway also offer these tips:
- If you’re driving, secure your pet in a carrier or safety harness. Stop regularly for potty, water and snack breaks.
- Make sure that your pet is wearing id tags and that she is microchipped and registered with updated, accurate contact information.
- Homeowners who list their homes on HomeAway.com don’t all interpret “pet-friendly” the same way. Some charge a pet fee, some don’t have fenced-in yards and some may provide everything you need for a fantasy pet vacation from food to treats to a pet-welcoming pool. Read the property details, look at the photos and ask questions if anything isn’t clear.
- Pack smart. Bring more than enough food, treats, medication, and don’t forget your pet’s bed and favorite toys. If you’re flying, pack enough supplies for a couple of days in your carry on in case your luggage is lost.
- Locate a veterinary emergency clinic in your destination city – just in case. Travel with vaccination records.
For every stay booked from now through December using this link, hmwy.co/pet-travel, HomeAway will donate $100 to Emancipet (up to $10,000).