Kerbey Lane Cafe’s new Spring Menu debuted yesterday and is available at all seven locations through mid-May. The Spring Menu has a handful of returning seasonal favorites, plus several new and reimagined items. See the full menu here.
Kerbey Lane Cafe releases three seasonal menus—summer, fall, and spring—each year to celebrate the flavors of the season and provide savory new dishes for its guests to enjoy.
Amanda Kuda, director of marketing, says: “In Texas, spring time and barbecue go hand in hand, so this season the star ingredient of our new menu is tender brisket— often referred to as the ‘holy grail of barbecue’ by meat lovers!”
Brisket is featured on the Brisket Nachos (with cheddar-jack cheese, caramelized onions, mango pico, shredded lettuce, and pickled jalapeños atop crunchy corn tostado nachos); Brisket Hash (with sunny-side up eggs, home fries, green peppers, and white onions); and Brisket Mac & Cheese (three-cheese macaroni with green chile sauce, panko bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese).
Brand new items on Kerbey Lane’s 2017 Spring Menu also include the:
- Corn Chowder: this zesty and creamy dish is made from scratch and topped with grilled corn kernels
- Achiote Beef Tacos: a dish for the town that loves tacos featuring achiote marinated Akaushi beef sprinkled with fresh, zesty toppings like pico de gallo and chipotle mayo (among others) and served with black beans and cilantro lime rice
- French Toast Benedict: this dish combines sweet, savory, and spicy flavors in one with hearty jalapeno bacon, poached eggs, and hollandaise and jalapeno slices served on artisan French toast with a syrup drizzle
- Jalapeño Bacon BLT: a traditional BLT with jalapeno bacon added for extra kick
- Naked Chile Relleno: a healthier take on a Tex-Mex favorite consisting of poblano peppers stuffed with chicken, blue cheese crumbles, queso fresco, and caramelized onions on a bed of sour cream sauce. This dish is topped with queso fresco and an achiote sauce drizzle and served with cilantro lime rice, avocado, and pico de gallo.
Kuda says: “Spring is traditionally the season for rebirth. So, what better season to bring back Kerbey Lane seasonal favorites with a new spin on them; allowing you to enjoy our most memorable dishes, even as the seasons change?”
Popular dishes from previous seasonal menus that have been reimagined for the 2017 Spring Menu include the:
- Jalapeño Bacon Mac & Cheese Bites: this savory small plate is comprised of spicy (but not too spicy) jalapeño bacon, three-cheese macaroni, Jardine’s Texas Hot Sauce, panko breading, and remoulade (previously on the menu as Crab Mac & Cheese Bites).
- Kerbey Kick Start: this all-time breakfast favorite comes with scrambled eggs, Pederson’s jalapeño sausage, sliced avocado, marble rye toast, and a fresh mix side salad. Each season, Kerbey Lane reinvents the side salad and now the spring mix salad is topped with candied walnuts, strawberry balsamic vinaigrette, cherry tomatoes, and strawberry slices (formerly orange vinaigrette and toasted pumpkin seeds).
- Chicken and Pancakes, Kerbey Lane’s novel twist on the Southern comfort food staple Chicken and Waffles, has been a crowd pleaser since its debut last summer. This season, Kerbey Lane is heating up the flavor with a strawberry maple-jalapeno sauce (formerly served with maple-buffalo) drizzled over two of Kerbey’s famous cinnamon-beignet pancakes topped with fried chicken and powdered sugar.
Several crowd-pleasers from Kerbey’s past seasonal menus will be making repeat appearances as well, including the Strawberry Fields Salad, La Habana Panini, Greek Lamb Burger, Pear and Bacon Panini, and Boss Burger.
The refreshing and light taste of banana nut perfectly captures the flavor of spring, so the new menu also features Banana Nut Pancakes and Banana Nut French Toast.
The Spring Menu will run now through mid-May. It is one of three seasonal menus offered by Kerbey Lane Cafe. For more information and to view the full Spring Menu, visit www.kerbeylanecafe.com.