In honor of its 20th anniversary, the Texas Book Festival is announcing 20 authors who will be featured at this year’s Festival weekend, Oct. 17 and 18.
By: Allison Baron
We’ve all had that gut-wrenching feeling when you realize you’ve made a mistake on a document just as you’re hitting the send button. Making a mistake on your cover letter or resume is a whole other enchilada.
Your cover letter and resume are supposed to show employers how well you express yourself, and showcase your qualifications and skills. A good cover letter and resume might earn you an interview. Typos or poor writing will disqualify you immediately from almost any position, and certainly for an internship at a public relations firm, where writing is an enormous part of what we do.
We’re hiring a PR intern for the fall!
Here’s the 411:
- Approximately 10-15 hours per week
- Prefer junior/senior public relations major who has had at least one other internship and/or office experience; however, will consider freshman/sophomore public relations majors with no prior internship experience
- Location: Mueller/Hyde Park
- Duration is through the end of fall semester; however, strong preference given to candidates who are available for spring semester as well
- Prefer someone who can be available on a set weekly schedule
- Some work can be done from home via email correspondence
- Casual dress is fine 99 percent of the time
- Must love dogs
- Pay will be determined based on experience and on projects completed, and will be discussed during the initial interview
- We obtain criminal background checks on finalists for this position
We’re excited to welcome Kerbey Lane Cafe as our newest client.
Kerbey Lane Cafe is an Austin original that has been serving the community since 1980. The restaurant serves comfortable and casual, high-quality food with a Texas twist at reasonable prices.
There are seven locations around Austin, five of which are open 24/7. Kerbey Lane offers diners two seasonal menus, a Tomato Menu from April until October, and a Pumpkin Menu the remainder of the year. All of their beer and wine selections are priced at $3 at all times.
Follow us on Facebook
- 13 war veterans to have portraits presented at Belmont VillageJanuary 10, 2019 - 9:24 pm
- Merick Strategies’ Bernstein Mass included in Austin Chronicle Top 10 listJanuary 3, 2019 - 4:04 pm
- ThunderCloud Subs gives largest donation ever to Caritas of Austin from Turkey Trot proceedsJanuary 3, 2019 - 4:03 pm