Now hiring event PR coordinator
Brenda Thompson Communications is seeking a part-time Public Relations Coordinator in Austin–being in Austin is a requirement–on a contract basis for 10 hours per week starting now/ASAP through the end of December.
The position is to assist with Austin’s beloved Thanksgiving Day tradition, the ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot, which is planned as a combo of in-person and virtual this year.
Hours may vary week-to-week; MUST BE available on Thursday, Nov. 4, 9 a.m. until noon for an event, and Thanksgiving Day early morning for several hours minimum.
To be considered, please send a letter of interest, resume, references, and one stellar writing sample to email@example.com.
The position offers:
- $25 per hour, 56 cents per mile reimbursed
- Flexible work schedule
- Mostly remote work (meetings via Zoom)
- Must have all the tech resources required including cell phone and reliable transportation
Public Relations Coordinator duties include, but aren’t necessarily limited to:
- Create social media posts, including writing and graphics
- Travel around town to take original photos and video (on a smart phone) for social media
- Recruit and supervise a costumed mascot to take photos on location
- Assist with on-site events on specifically Thursday, Nov. 4, 10 a.m. until noon, and on Thanksgiving Day early morning for several hours, possibly others
- Compile client reports on media coverage, social media, and other activities
- Conduct internet and other research
- Organize assets like photos, video
Public Relations Coordinator experience/skills required for this job:
- Previous similar work experience (internships or professionally)
- Demonstrated mastery of social media platforms
- Strong writer with grammar, spelling, punctuation proficiency
- Basic photography and design skills
- Organized and detail-oriented
- Demonstrated responsibility and problem-solving abilities