“If I was down to my last dollar I’d spend it on public relations.”
This is likely the most famous and popular quote about PR. Do you know who said it?
Microsoft founder Bill Gates is famously quoted as saying he’d spend his last dollar on PR.
Here are a few other noteworthy quotes on public relations.
🗞️“Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some hire public relations officers.”
– Daniel J. Boorstin, historian and author
🗞️ “When they go low, we go high.”
– Michelle Obama, former first lady
🗞️“Advertising is saying you’re good. PR is getting someone else to say you’re good.”
– Jean-Louis Gassée, former Apple executive
🗞️“In the end, all you have is your reputation.”
– Oprah, talk show host, actress, entrepreneur
🗞️“It takes 20 years to build a reputation and 5 minutes to ruin it.”
– Warren Buffett, investor and philanthropist
🗞️“The public is the only critic whose opinion is worth anything at all.”
– Mark Twain, humorist
🗞️“Next to doing the right thing, the most important thing is to let people know you are doing the right thing.”
– John D. Rockefeller, business magnate